Brueggers Bagels have been around the block, long enough to know a few things at least, and theyâ€™ve published a collection of tips and tricks on how to keep your bagels FRESH.
Their best advice is the advice they give first. As any cook or baker would tell you, â€œenjoy the food on the day itâ€™s made, no laterâ€.
Here is their list of doâ€™s and donâ€™ts
* keep your bagels in a tightly sealed plastic bag
* remove as much air as possible when sealing the bag
* reclose the bag promptly once opened
* slice your bagels before freezing
* put your bagels in the fridge
* microwave your bagels
* store Onion, Garlic or Everything bagels with milder flavored bagels (unless you want them all to taste like onion and garlic!)
* leave your bagels open on the kitchen counter.